2017 Wilson County Fair
Shoulder and Bacon Show
Chairman: Don Willoughby - 615-948-3866 (cell)
- Open to all residents of Tennessee who cure and age hams.
- Hams must be entered and exhibited in the name of the owner and entered between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Thursday, August 17, 2017 and removed at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 27, 2017.
- Each exhibitor may enter one ham per class.
- All hams, shoulders, and bacon must be sound. Judging will be based on general shape, neatness, and attractiveness of trim, lean-to-fat ratio, color and aroma. Ham will be probed.
- Judging will be available for public viewing.
- Hams will be displayed in air-conditioned building.
GRAND CHAMPION TROPHIES - Division I, II and III
SAME DIVISIONS AND CLASSES FOR 1 YEAR OLD AND 2 YEAR OLD HAMS
DIVISION I - Home Style Country Hams (sell 0-25)
DIVISION II - Commercial Packers (selling more than 25 hams per year)
DIVISION III - Youth ages 9-17 for lots 1-5 (sell 0-25 per year)
Lot 1 - Packer style, light weight, less than 16 pounds
Lot 2 - Packer style, medium weigh, 16 to under 18 pounds
Lot 3 - Packer style, heavy weight, 18 pounds and over
Lot 4 - Country style, 20 pounds and under
Lot 5 - Country style, more than 20 pounds
Lot 6 - Bacon, salt and/or sugar cured
Lot 7 - Bacon, salt and/or sugar cured and smoked
Lot 8 - Shoulders - all weight and cures
Lot 9 - Biggest & Best - all weights and cures (Judged on weight and soundness)
CLICK HERE TO PRINT FLYER