Chairman: Julie Smith - 704-560-6956
- All entries must be entered Wednesday, August 11, 2021, between 2:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. in the Arnett Building - Building C (*NEW LOCATION*).
- No person may enter more than one entry in each lot except Lot 37.
- Competition open to Wilson County Residents, members of the Wilson County Gardeners' Guild, Wilson County Master Gardeners or a member of a Wilson County fce Club. Must be over 18 years old except for the Junior Challenge, as noted below.
- Placements will be made on the decision of the Judges.
- Each specimen consists of one bloom to a stem, less side blooms, unless the schedule states a spray which is 2 or more flowers on the same stem..
- Premiums will be paid, and exhibits must be removed on Sunday, August 22. Exhibitors may pick up their items between 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- All entries should be clean and properly prepared for judging on arrival although assistance will be available. Wedging with oasis or saran wrap is NOT allowed.
- Glassware will be provided until stores are exhausted.
Premiums and Awards
1st - $10 ~ 2nd - $6 ~ 3rd - $4
Queen of the Show (Lot 1-14)– Rosette and a vase
King of the Show (Lot 15-28) – Rosette and a vase
Princess of the Show (Lot 29-36) – Rosette and a vase
JJ Tomlinson Sweepstakes Award
Award to the exhibitor that wins most blue ribbons in the show - Rosette and vase
Exhibitors with more than 20 rose bushes
1.Hybrid Tea/Floribunda, Red
2.Hybrid Tea/Floribunda, Pink
3.Hybrid Tea/Floribunda Orange
4.Hybrid Tea/Floribunda Yellow
5.Hybrid Tea/Floribunda White
6.Hybrid Tea/Floribunda Full Blown, stamens must be visible
7.Hybrid Tea/Floribunda, Spray, Any Color
13.Miniature/Miniflora, Full Blown, stamens must be visible
14.Minature/Miniflora, Spray, Any Color
Exhibitors with less than 20 rose bushes
15.Large Rose, Red
16.Large Rose, Pink
17.Large Rose, Orange
18.Large Rose, Yellow
19.Large Rose, White
20.Large Rose, Full Blown, stamens must be visible
21.Large Rose, Spray, Any Color
22.Small Rose, Red
23.Small Rose, Pink
24.Small Rose, Orange
25.Small Rose, Yellow
26.Small Rose, White
27.Small Rose, Full Blown, stamens must be visible
28.Small Rose, Spray, Any Color
Open to any exhibitor
29.OGR, Any Color
30.Climbers or Ramblers, Any Color
31.Shrubs Roses, Red
32.Shrub Roses, Pink
33.Shrub Roses, Yellow
34.Shrub Roses, Any Other
35.Most Fragrant Large Rose, Any Color
36.Most Fragrant Small Rose, Any Color
Junior Challenge Class, Any rose entered by a person under 18 years of age
37.Multiple entries are accepted