The Wilson County Fair-Tennessee State Fair want to find the BEST apple pie in the State of Tennessee!
Chairs: Kinsey Emery – (615)785-0650
– will receive $500, a Fair cutting board, and a ribbon. First place winner will also receive a Golden Ticket to compete at the World Food Championships in Dallas, Texas, in Nov. 2022.
Pie recipe, bio of the winning baker, and picture will be publicly recognized.
Second Place – will receive $150 and a ribbon
Third Place – will receive $75 and a ribbon
Contest Date: Sunday, August 15
Location: Farm Bureau Expo Center, James E. Ward Agricultural Center, Fairgrounds, Lebanon, TN
Registration Online Only
– Registration open only from July 12th
– August 9th
Entry Fee: $2.00 per entry (pay in person)
Rules of the pie-baking contest:
- Competitor must be a Tennessee resident 18 years of age or older
- Competitor must be an individual, not a company
- Only one submission per person
- Submissions will not be accepted without the recipe card attached to the container (Do not include name or address on recipe card)
- Apples must be the predominant fruit baked into the pie
- All pies must be baked in a 8-9” pie plate
- All pies must be submitted in a disposable container.Containers will not be returned to competitors at the conclusion of the contest.
- Once a pie has been submitted, Fair officials will not assist in pouring, spreading, drizzling, etc. a topping onto the pie.Toppings MUST be on the pie at the time of submission.
General Appearance: 25%
Directions for submission:
- You MUST have pie in hand to receive free entry (1 pie = 1 free admission)
- Fair gates open at 12 pm on Sunday, Aug. 15; however submissions for the competition will be received from 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. at the Farm Bureau Expo Center. NO SUBMISSIONS WILL BE RECEIVED AFTER 2:00 PM.
- Preliminary judging will take place immediately following the 2:00 pm submission deadline
- The final round of judging will take place at 3:15 pm with a first, second, and third place winners awarded at its conclusion.