Kinsey Emery – (615)785-0650
Lynne Williams - (615) 584-1031
– will receive $500 and a ribbon. First place winner will also receive a Golden Ticket to compete at the World Food Championships in Dallas, Texas, in Nov. 2022.
Pie recipe, bio of the winning baker, and picture will be publicly recognized.
Second Place – will receive $150 and a ribbon
Third Place – will receive $75 and a ribbon
Contest Date: Sunday, August 21 @ 1pm on the Hometown USA Stage in the Farm Bureau Expo CenterRegistration Online Only
– Registration open only from July 12th
– August 9th
Entry Fee: $2.00 per entry (pay in person)
Rules of the pie-baking contest:
-Competitor must be a Tennessee resident 18 years of age or older
- Competitor must be an individual, not a company
- Only one submission per person per contest
- Submissions will not be accepted without the recipe card attached to the container (Do not include name or address on recipe card)
- Apples must be the predominant fruit baked into the pie for the Apple Pie Contestt
- Pecans must be the predominant ingredient baked into the pie for the Pecan Pie Contest
- All pies must be baked in a 8-9” pie plate
- If contestants wish to retrieve the pie plate brought for entering the contest, those containers must be picked up immediately following completion of the judging competition. Otherwise, feel free to utilize a disposable pie plate. Leftover containers that are not retrieved within 30 minutes of winner announcements become property of the Fair
-Once a pie has been submitted, Fair officials will not assist in pouring, spreading, drizzling, etc., all toppings MUST be on the pie at the time of submissionJudging Criteria:
General Appearance: 25%
Directions for submission:
-You MUST have pie in hand to receive free entry (1 pie=1 free admission)
- Fair gates open at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday; however, submissions for the competition will be received from 12:30-1:30 p.m. in the Expo Center at the Hometown USA Stage. NO SUBMISSIONS WILL BE RECEIVED AFTER 1:30PM.
- Preliminary judging will take place immediately following the 1:30 pm submission deadline
- The final round of judging will take place at 2:15 pm with first, second, and third place winners awarded at its conclusion.