Who is Eligible: Wilson County Master Gardeners and Members of the Wilson County Gardeners Guild
Contact: Marianne Pelletier (615)443-2626 or Lucas Holman, UT Extension Agent (615) 444-9584
1. Plastic Container: 16 are available to choose from.
2. Metal Container: 13 are available to choose from.
Planters will be judged and awarded a ribbon for:
a. Overall Plant Use
c. Plant Selection
d. Overall Design
f. Most Colorful
g. Most Unusual Plant Assortment
h. Judges Choice
i. Best Representation of Fair Theme "Grand Celebration"
j. Best Representation of Commodity of the Year "Year of Wool"
What are the Rules:
1. It must stay at the fairgrounds
2. All plants are supplied by the participant
3. Potting soil will be provided by the Wilson County Fair
4. No cut flowers are allowed in the arrangement, only living plant material with roots.
5. All plants selected must be able to survive in a full sun setting.
6. Each design will have a card that must list all of the plant material used. This is used to highlight what is used.
7. Containers will be planted between June 23 and June 30 by the participant
8. 75% of the overall design must be plant material
9. The height of the overall plant material cannot be over 3 feet tall.
Special Notes: The Fair is not responsible for lost or stolen art/hardscapes that may be placed in the design. All watering will be done by the fair. The plants will become property of the Fair, but any hardscapes can be picked up after the Fair.