1. Competition open to Wilson County Residents, members of the Wilson County Gardeners' Guild, Wilson County Master Gardeners or a member of a Wilson County fce Club. Must be over 18 years old.
2. Exhibits will be entered at Building C - Arnett Building between 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 15, 2019.NO ENTRIES AFTER 6:30 P.M. THOSE IN LINE WILL BE SERVED.
3. All entries must be identified by exhibitor for class placement.
4. All articles are exhibited at owner's risk, but all reasonable precautions will be taken for protection of items.
5. No person may enter more than one item per lot or subclass.
6. Prizes will be awarded on the decision of the judges.
7. All plants/containers entered must be free from insects and disease.
8. The Chairman may subdivide any class by color, type and/or cultivar.
9. Premiums will be paid, and exhibits must be removed on Sunday, August 25. Exhibitors may pick up their items from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
10. We will be replacing flowers on Tuesday, August 20th, at 3 p.m. Please bring extras if you have them.
The Wilson County Fair Awards
Premiums: 1st - $10; 2nd - $6; 3rd - $4
Best of Show Each Division - Rosette
Betty Fletcher Memorial Award for Best Potted Plant
Wilson County Gardeners’ Guild Awards
- Mary Burton Memorial Award for Overall Excellence is selected from the Best of Show winners all divisions. Winner receives a Glass Vase and name added to a permanent plaque.
- Most Flower Show Entries winner receives Glass Vase
- Talyne Gregg Honorary Award for Best Overall Outstanding Cut Specimen.
- Alice Trice Honorary Award for Best Overall Outstanding Floral Arrangement.
- Mary Wharton Honorary Award for Best African Violet.
- Thersa Franklin Volunteer Award 2019 Winner - Ruth Wharton
- Esther Arrington Best Fair Theme Arrangement.