Shoulder and Bacon Show
Chairman: Don Willoughby - 615-948-3866 (cell)
- Open to all residents of Tennessee who cure and age hams.
- Hams must be entered and exhibited in the name of the owner and entered between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 12, 2020, and removed at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 23 2020.
- Each exhibitor may enter one ham per class.
- All hams, shoulders, and bacon must be sound. Judging will be based on general shape, neatness, and attractiveness of trim, lean-to-fat ratio, color and aroma. Hams will be probed.
- Judging will be available for public viewing.
- Hams will be displayed in air-conditioned building.
PREMIUMS: 1st - $20.00 ~ 2nd - $15.00 ~ 3rd - $10.00 ~ 4th - Ribbon 5th - Ribbon
Grand Champion Trophies
Divisions I, II, and Youth
SAME DIVISIONS AND CLASSES
FOR 1 YEAR OLD AND 2 YEAR OLD HAMS
Division I - Home Style Country Hams (sell 0-25)
Division II - Commercial Packers (selling more than 25 hams per year)
Division III - Youth age 9-17 for lots 1-5 (sell 0-25 per year)
Lot 1 - Packer style, light weight, less than 16 to under 18 pounds
Lot 2 - Packer style, medium weight, 16 to under 18 pounds
Lot 3 - Packer style, heavy weight, 18 pounds and over
Lot 4 - Country style, 20 pounds and under
Lot 5 - Country style, more than 20 pounds
Lot 6 - Bacon, salt and/or sugar cured
Lot 7 - Bacon, salt and/or sugar cured and smoked
Lot 8 - Shoulders - all wight and cures
Lot 9 - Biggest & Best - all weights and cures (judged on weight and soundness)