4 Great Divisions
BEST HAMBURGERS, BEST STEAK, BEST SHISH KABOB & BEST WINGS
Saturday, August 15, 2020
Information: Kenny Birdwell (615)417-1071
$25 Entry Fee Per Division
Entry Deadline: August 1, 2020
Come and test your skills against the Best Amateur Cooks in the area. Up to 3 places to win per category.
- Cooking teams must use charcoal or wood (no Propane) for the fuel to cook the entries in the competition.
- All teams must supply meat, grills, and all other needs to compete.
- All teams must turn in (5) pieces of meat approximately 1"x3" to be judged.
- All meat and utensils must be handled in a sanitary manner at all times before and during the contest.
- Grills and utensils will be inspected 30 minutes prior to the start of the competition. Any unclean teams will be rejected.
- Teams will provide all tables, chairs, etc., needed for their area.
- Some type of fire extinguishing device must be available at each team's cooking area.
- All meat and materials to prepare them must stay in the team's assigned cooking area until time to turn in and be judged.
- All cooked meat turned in to be judged will become the property of the competition.
- Any break in the rules will result in the disqualification of the team.
- Best of Fair will be TOTAL of all 4 competitions combined.
Enter through the purple gate on the South side of the fairgrounds near Fiddlers Grove.
You can check in no earlier than 9:00AM on August 15th, no camping allowed.
Ensure you read the Competition Rules, any break in the rules will result in the disqualification of the team.
Turn in times:
Burger – 1:00 PM
Steak – 1:30 PM
Shish Kabob– 2:00 PM
Wings – 2:30 PM
All turn in’s will be in half size steam table aluminum pans (11-3/4 in x 9-3/8 in x 2-5/16 in) that will be provided at check-in. No cover will be provided, you can cover with aluminum foil or other means if you want.
All teams will be in the area of the pavilion located next to Fiddlers Grove on the south side of the fairgrounds.
Judging will be done at the pavilion. Scoring on a 10 point scale in the areas of taste, tenderness and appearance.
Prize money in all four divisions:
1st place - TBD
2nd place - TBD
3rd place - TBD
Best of Fair – (total of all 4 divisions) - TBD
ALL ENTRIES AND MONEY ARE DUE BY AUGUST 1st, NO ENTRY FORMS OR MONEY WILL BE ACCEPTED THE DAY OF THE COMPETITION.
After registering you will be contacted with entry fee payment information and confirmation when it is received.
Online Entry Form: https://forms.gle444/TrZ181PPf7E3fcxh6