10th Annual Wilson County Fair Salsa Open Cooking Contest
Sponsored by Creative Graphics
For information call Kevin Bass at 615-444-8937
Fiddlers Grove Picnic Pavilion at the James Ward Ag Center, Lebanon, Tennessee Cooking: Noon – 3 p.m.
Judging: 3:15 p.m.
Winners announced at 4:00 p.m.
1st - $12 ~ 2nd - $10 ~ 3rd - $5 PLUS ENTRY FEE
Best of Show - $20
- $10 entry fee per category.
- Contest limited to first 30 teams entered.
- Fresh or Home Canned ingredients cooked or prepared from scratch. Use of commercially prepared, purchased spices is allowed.
- Salsa MUST be prepared on site. NO EXCEPTIONS. Marinating, smoking, or basting of vegetables and fruits prior to the preparation time IS ALLOWED.
- Three (3) hours allotted to cook or prepare Salsa.
- Each team may enter only one (1) entry per category, but can enter multiple categories.
- Best of Show is selected from Category winners.
- Team must prepare one (1) quart for judging
- One (1) table, two (2) chairs, and electricity will be provided per cooking team. Ingredients and any other cooking utensils, equipment, awnings, etc. to be provided by contestants.
- A numbered “Judging Container” will be provided to team for submissions.
- No glass allowed in cooking area.
- ABSOLUTELY NO food to be served to the public. This rule is according to the State of Tennessee health code regulations.
- Decision of Judges is final.
- Chips will be provided to have consistent criteria for judging.
- Contest day announcements take precedence over any previously printed or published rules.