RABBIT SHOW – SINGLE OPEN & SINGLE YOUTH
Friday, August 16, 2019
Chairman: Lyndon LaFevers - 615-202-0405
Secretary: Marge Drake – 931-212-0462
Assistants: Sherry Bailey, Mark Bailey, Ronnie Davenport, Silas Drake & Leslie Denson
Judges: Josh Humphries & Rusty Westhoff
1. All rabbits must be healthy. The Superintendent reserves the right to refuse any entry.
2. Check-in (pay entry fees at this time) will be on Friday, August 16th between 2:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. at Fiddler’s Grove Picnic Pavilion. Take the new fairground entrance just past Peyton Road and tell them you have rabbits for the Rabbit Show. Judging will begin at 4:00 p.m. All rabbits must be pre-entered and there is a $2.00 entry fee per rabbit. Please phone your entries to the Secretary at 931-212-0462 or PREFERABLY email your entries to email@example.com by Tuesday, August 13th at 10:00 p.m. Be sure to tell Marge how many sale/exhibit cages you will need (maximum 5 per family).
3. Sale/exhibit cages will be set up in the rabbit barn by Exhibitor Name. No rabbits will be sold during the show.
4. The show will be held at Fiddlers Grove Picnic Pavilion, in an open-air building, and will be a carrying-cage show. Please be sure all rabbits have water in their carrying cages at all times.
5. All rabbits must be picked up by 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 25th, unless prior arrangements are made with the chairman.
6. The show is ARBA sanctioned and the classes will be judged by their standards, which includes a permanent and legible ear-mark in the left ear.
7. “Premiums” will be paid by the fair through 3 placings in each Sr. Buck, Sr. Doe, 6-8 Buck, 6-8 Doe, Jr. Buck and Jr. Doe class as follows: 1st - $5.00; 2nd - $4.00; 3rd - $3.00
8. All breeds and varieties not recognized by the ARBA will be judged together in a Bunny Class (no ear-mark needed).
9. Best of Breed (BOB) with 10 or more shown will receive a picture plaque. BOB with less than 10 shown and all Best Opposite Sex (BOS) will receive ribbon.
10. Best of Show will receive a 9x12 picture plaque and $10.00 and Reserve of Show will receive an 8x10 picture plaque and $5.00 (only one plaque per winning entry/all awards listed.)
11. Though every precaution will be taken, neither Wilson County Promotions, nor the individuals working the exhibit will be responsible for the loss of any rabbit or any injury.
12. Contact the show secretary for the list of breeds sanctioned with their national clubs. Your rabbits do not have to be sanctioned to win awards or to earn grand champion legs.
American Rabbit Breeders Association, Executive Director, P.O. Box 5667, Bloomington, IL 61702.
Dues: Adult $20 per year • Yout h: $12 per year; H/W $30 per year • Sanction Fee: Open $25, Youth $20.