CLASSES AND RULES FOR
OPEN SHOW AMERICAN ANGUS ASSOCIATION
SHOW CLASSIFICATION FOR ANGUS
Sunday, August 15, 2021 @ 10:00 a.m.
Q Barn Show Ring
Contact: Jamie Nicholson – (615)419-3677
Pre-Registration Entry Fee: $10.00 (non-refundable) Pre-register by July 30
Registration Fee After July 30: $20.00
Arrival Time: Saturday, August 14 @ 8 a.m.
Only registered Angus cattle that meet the age requirements listed within this classification are eligible to receive premium participation and be counted in the total number of head shown
Champion and Reserve Champion placings are not counted in number of head shown
Any female that qualifies for female classes in the Association’s standard classifications are not eligible to show in the cow/calf classes.However, the calf at the side of the female is eligible to show in its respective class.
Everyone that is showing must be on the grounds Saturday, August 15, 8 a.m.
Premiums for Classes 1-27
1st - $100~2nd - $80~3rd - $60~4th - $50~5th - $40
Champion - $200
Reserve Champion - $150
1.Cow/Calf Class-cows three (3) years of age and younger, cows must be born January 1, 2018 through August 31, 2019.Calf must be the cow’s most recent natural calf and be no more than 280 days of age on the day of the show.
2.Cow/Calf Class-cows four (4) years of age and older, cows must be born December 31, 2017 or earlier.Calf must be the cow’s most recent natural calf and be nor more than 280 days of age on the day of show.
Grand Champion Cow/Calf Pair (1,2)
Reserve Grand Champion Cow/Calf Pair
Grand and reserve grand champion cow/calf pairs do not show for grand champion female and are ineligible to compete in the get-of-sire, junior get-of-sire and breeder’s six-head classes.
3.Junior heifer calves calved March 1, 2021 and after
4.Junior heifer calves calved February, 2021
5.Junior heifer calves calved January, 2021
Junior heifer Calf Champion (3,4,5)
6.Late senior heifer calves calved November & December, 2020
7.Early senior heifer calves calved September & October, 2020
Senior Heifer Calf Champion (6,7)
Reserve Senior Heifer Calf Champion
8.Late summer yearling heifers calved July & August 2020
9.Early summer yearling heifers calved May & June, 2020
Intermediate Champion (8,9)
Reserve Intermediate Champion
10. April junior yearling heifers calved April, 2020
11. March junior yearling heifers calved March, 2020
12. Early junior yearling heifers calved February, 2020
13. Early junior yearling heifers calved January, 2020
Junior Champion Female (10,11,12,13)
Reserve Junior Champion
14. Late senior yearling heifers calved November & December, 2019
15. Early senior yearling heifers calved September & October, 2019
Senior Champion Female (14, 15)
Reserve Senior Champion Female
Grand Champion Female and Reserve Grand Champion Female (champions and reserve champions competing)
16. Junior bull calves calved March 1, 2021 and after
17. Junior bull calves calved January & February 2021
Junior Bull Calf Champion (16, 17)
Reserve Junior Bull Calf Champion
18. Late senior bull calves calved November & December, 2020
19. Early senior bull calves calved September & October, 2020
Senior Bull Calf Champion (18, 19)
Reserve Senior Bull Calf Champion
20. Late summer yearling bulls calved July & August, 2020
21. Early summer yearling bulls calved May & June, 2020
Intermediate Champion Bull (20, 21)
Reserve Intermediate Champion Bull
22. April junior yearling bulls calved April, 2020
23. March junior yearling bulls calved March, 2020
24. Early junior yearling bulls calved January & February, 2020
Junior Champion Bull (22, 23, 24)
Reserve Junior Champion Bull
25. Senior yearling bulls calved September through December, 2019
26. Summer senior yearling bulls calved May through August, 2019
27. Two-year old bulls calved January through April, 2019
Senior Champion Bull (25, 26, 27)
Reserve Senior Champion Bull
Grand Champion Bull and Reserve Grand Champion Bull
(champions and reserve champions competing)
Premiums for Class 28, 29, 30
1st - $100~2nd - $80~3rd - $60
28. Junior Get-of-Sire:Three animals by one sire, both sexes represented, shown in classes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21.
29. Get-of-Sire:Four animals by one sire shown in the above classes, both sexes represented.
30. Breeders’ Six Head:The exhibitor of the breeders six head must be breeder and first owner, identified by the same member code for the animals exhibited.Cattle owned by other exhibitors may be included provided the exhibitor of the breeders’ six head is the breeder and first owner of the included animals(s). Animals must be exhibited in individual classes.Cattle bred and owned by a junior member(s) may be included if the exhibitor of the breeders’ six head is an individual or married couple and is the parent or legal guardian of the junior member(s)