August 19, 2016 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
2016 Wilson County Fair
Shoulder and Bacon Show
Chairman: Don Willoughby - 615-948-3866 (cell)
- Open to all residents of Tennessee who cure and age hams.
- Hams must be entered and exhibited in the name of the owner and entered between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Thursday, August 18, 2016 and removed at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 28, 2016.
- Each exhibitor may enter one ham per class.
- All hams, shoulders, and bacon must be sound. Judging will be based on general shape, neatness, and attractiveness of trim, lean-to-fat ratio, color and aroma. Ham will be probed.
- Judging will be available for public viewing Saturday, August 20, 2016.
- Hams will be displayed in air-conditioned building.
GRAND CHAMPION TROPHIES - Division I, II and Youth (III/IV combined)
SAME DIVISIONS AND CLASSES FOR 1 YEAR OLD AND 2 YEAR OLD HAMS
DIVISION I - Home Style Country Hams (sell 0-25)
DIVISION II - Commercial Packers (selling more than 25 hams per year)
DIVISION III - Youth ages 9-13 for classes 1-4 (sell 0-25 per year)
DIVISION IV - Youth ages 14-18 for classes 1-4 (sell 0-25 per year)
Class 1 - Packer style, light weight, less than 15 pounds
Class 2 - Packer style, heavy weight, more than 15 pounds
Class 3 - Country style, less than 20 pounds
Class 4 - Country style, more than 20 pounds
Class 5 - Bacon, salt and/or sugar cured
Class 6 - Bacon, salt and/or sugar cured and smoked
Class 7 - Shoulders - all weight and cures
Class 8 - Biggest & Best - all weights and cures
CLICK HERE TO PRINT FLYER