Decorated Round Bale Hay
2017 Wilson County Fair
Decorated Round Hay Bale Competition
Show Chairmen: Tom Bobo, 615-504-3694 - 615-449-2916
County Ext. Director & Ag Agent: Ruth Correll, 615-444-9584
Premiums: 1st - $100.00 • 2nd - $75.00 • 3rd - $50.00
- Pre-entry is required before August 14, 2017. Contact the chairman, Tom Bobo to pre-enter.
- Open to any youth or adult resident of Wilson County.
- Entrant is responsible for providing round bale of hay. (Contact show chairman if you need help getting hay bale to decorate.)
- Hay bales may be decorated August 14-17, 2017. Entries will be judged Friday, August 18, 4-6 p.m. The bales should be decorated with a good clean, wholesome theme. No vulgar or suggestive decorations will be allowed – this includes people rolled up inside a bale with feet or head sticking out. Please call 615-504-3694 with any questions.
- Bales can be placed lying on their side or standing on end. This will be your choice. For safety purposes round bales will not be stacked on top of each other.
- Decorations should be weather and wind-proof. They should be checked and maintained daily.
- No commercial or political party signs of ANY KIND are allowed.
- Decorations and bales are to be removed on Sunday, August 27, between 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.