August 19, 2016 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
East / West Building
2016 Wilson County Fair
Chairman: Clyde Rountree – 615-509-5930
Open to Wilson County Residents Only
Premiums: 1st $10; 2nd $7; 3rd $5
- Professional: Includes full-time college level art students, persons with significant art training, and persons who regularly sell their work.
- Amateur: Includes persons with limited art training or for whom art is primarily a hobby. 18 years old and older.
- Youth: Amateur status ages 13–17.
- Juniors: Amateur status ages 7-12
Don't forget to buy your Fair Commemorative Prints; 2009-2016 available.
- Competition open ONLY to Wilson County residents.
- Register online or all exhibits will be entered Saturday, August 13, 2016, between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Entries will be taken in the East-West Building. All entries must be presented in person on Saturday, August 13.
- Only one entry per person per category.
- Only one division can be entered. For amateur status, the division will be determined by the entrant’s age on the opening day of the Fair. However, entrants have the option of moving up one division level if they desire to compete at a higher level.
- All Art Work must have been completed within two (2) years prior to the opening day of the fair.
- Greenware and folk craft items are not eligible.
- The backs of all paintings and drawings MUST have wires and screw eyes attached for hanging of the entry on a metal hook – no saw-tooth hangers.
- It is strongly suggested that Plexiglas be used rather than glass.
- Name, address, and phone number of contestant MUST be on the back of every entry.
- First, second, and third place ribbons will be awarded for each category in each division. Best of Show rosettes will be awarded in each division. A Best of Show for the Fine Arts exhibit will be chosen from the divisional Best of Shows.
- Ribbons and Best of Show Rosettes are awarded at the judge’s discretion.
- Premiums will be awarded for first ($10), second ($7), and third ($5) place for each category in each division.
- Reasonable precaution will be taken in handling entries, but the Fair Board and its management cannot assume liability for loss or damage to submitted works.
- Items will be displayed as space allows. Anyone with large pieces, please contact the chair person prior to August 8, 2016.
- Entries may be claimed and premiums will be paid between 1-3 p.m. on Sunday, August 28.
|I. Fine Art
i. Graphite Pencil
iii. Color Pencil
v. Chalk Pastels
vii. Mixed Media
|II. Fine Crafts
a. Glass Art
III. Wood Work