fce Cultural Arts
Chairperson: Wanda Briddelle
RULES FOR COMPETITION
- All first and second place winners from each category may be exhibited in the Region.
- An individual may enter only one item per category.
- Articles must be entirely the work of the Wilson County fce member. The art or craft must have been completed during the past year, since the last conference (November 2016).
- No doll kits or pre-printed (“cheater”) quilts will be accepted. All framable items must be framed.
- Each member must provide their own materials required to exhibit articles. If items are best displayed hung, please provide a means of hanging.
- Entries will be exhibited by category.
- A “Best of Show” award will be presented.
- The Tennessee Association for Family and Community Education (TAFCE), Wilson County fce, its officers or members, or the University of Tennessee Extension staff will not be responsible for any lost, misplaced or damaged items. We do not anticipate any misfortunes, but this disclaimer must be clearly understood by all exhibitors.
- All exhibitors must be Wilson County fce members in good standing.
Prizes in each category: 1st - $10; 2nd - $7; 3rd -$5
Sponsor: Wilson County Promotions
- Basketry - Any material
- Beadwork - Jewelry, clothing, any other
- Chairs & Stools - Woven or caned
- Cross-Stitch - Counted (Not machine cross-stitch - See Cat. #11)
- Cross-Stitch - Other (Not machine cross-stitch - See Cat. #11)
- Decorative Painting - Tole, china painting, textile painting, stenciling, any other
- Dolls - Any kind (NO KITS)
- Embroidery - Hand - All types including Brazilian, ribbon, crewel (ALL HAND WORK)
- Machine Embroidery - All, including machine cross-stitch
- Fine Art Painting - Acrylics
- Fine Art Painting - Charcoal & Drawing
- Fine Art Painting - Pastels
- Fine Art Painting - Oil
- Fine Art Painting - Watercolor
- Handcrafted Toy - Any material
- Hand Stitching - Other: hardanger, cutwork, smocking, appliqué
- Holiday Decoration - Any season
- Knitting - Hand
- Knitting - Machine
- Needlepoint - Any type canvas
- Photography - Black and White
- Photography - Color
- Quilts - Appliqué & Cathedral window - All work of member
- Quilts - Baby & Lap - All work of member
- Quilts - Embroidered - Hand - All work of member
- Quilts - Embroidered - Machine - All work of member
- Quilts - Hand Pieced & Hand Quilted - All work of member
- Quilts - Machined Pieced & Hand Quilted - All work of member
- Quilts - Hand Pieced & Machine Quilted - All work of member
- Quilts - Machine Pieced & Machine Quilted - All work of member
- Quilted - Hand or machine pieced & professionally quilted - All work of member EXCEPT quilting may be done by another fce member or non-member; paid or free
- Quilted - Pillows - All work of member
- Quilted - Wall Hinging - All work of Member
- Quilted - All Other - All work of member; including clothing, pot holders, placemats and rag-time quilts
- Rug Making - Any Type
- Sculpture - Any medium
- Stained Glass
- Weaving - Hand
- Weaving - Loom
- Wood Carving
- Paper Crafting**
- Home Deór** - Placemats, tablecloths, pot holders, dish towels
- Pillow (not quilted)**
- Decorated Gourd**
**THESE ENTRIES ARE COUNTY ENTRIES ONLY.