August 19, 2016 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Rabbit and Poultry Barn
Saturday, August 20, 2016
Judges: Daniel Dysart & Tom Kane
Chairman: Lyndon LaFevers - 615-202-0405
Secretary: Joanne Ashworth - 615-944-1488
Assistants: James Bilbrey, Joyce Bilbrey, Linda Bilbrey, Tony Bilbrey, Linda Burnett, Tom Burnett, Jerry Eakes, Wesley Flatt, Cheryl Janes, Jane LaFevers, Lauren LaFevers-Flatt, Logan LaFevers, Reanna LaFevers, Ronnie Davenport, Rick Jones, Anthony Bilbrey, Taia Ashworth & Phillip Kirtland
Rules and Regulations
- All birds must meet health regulations according to State requirements. The chairman reserves the right to refuse any entry. Birds must be blood tested. We can do onsite as entered.
- Entries will be received on Thursday, August 18, between noon and 8:00 p.m. You can come in the Fiddlers Grove entrance across from the Dollar Store and follow signs. Judging will be Saturday, August 20. There is a $1 entry fee per bird.
- Entries are to remain in place until 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 28 (must be picked up by 2:00 p.m.), unless prior arrangements are made with the chairman.
- The show is A.B.A. & A.P.A. sanctioned and the classes will be judged by their standards. "Premiums" will be paid to cock, hen, cockerel and pullet as follows: 1st - $4.00 • 2nd - $3.00 • 3rd - $2.00
- The Champions of the following will receive a 7x9 picture plaque: Modern Game, Old English, Single Comb Clean Leg, Rose Comb Clean Leg, Any Other Comb Clean Leg, Featherleg, Bantam Duck, Large Fowl, Standard Duck, Goose, Turkey and Pigeon. (Minimum of 10 in class to get Plaque.)
- Each Best of Breed and Reserve of Breed will receive a rosette. Ribbons will be given for all entries. Non-recognized breeds or varieties will compete for ribbons ONLY.
- The Champion Bantam, Large Fowl and Waterfowl will receive an 8x10 picture plaque plus $5.00. (Only one plaque per winning entry/all awards listed.)
- The Super Grand Champion of the Show will receive a 9x12 picture plaque plus $10.00. The plaques will be personalized during the week and ready to pick up with the birds on Sunday, August 28.
- Though every precaution will be taken, neither Wilson County Promotions, nor the individuals working the exhibit will be responsible for the loss of any bird or any injury.
- MAIL ENTRIES MUST be mailed TO THE SECRETARY by August 6, so that cages will be ready for your birds. Entries received after August 6 WILL NOT be accepted.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
American Poultry Association, Inc.
The APA invites you to become a member. Annual dues are $20.00 for one (1) year, $50.00 for three (3) years, $40.00 for one year outside the U.S. and Canada. Junior dues (for those 18 and under) are $15.00 per year, or $40.00 for three years. Endowment Trust Life Membership is $365. All Annual and Endowment Trust Life Members receive our yearbook and are eligible to earn points toward a Master Exhibitor Award. Every member is eligible for the awards at this show.
All judging will be by the latest edition of the American Standard of Perfection, copyrighted by the American Poultry Association, Inc. Application for membership may be made at the show or may be sent to the American Poultry Association, but application must be made prior to the judging to be eligible for the APA awards.