Read and Win Program
- Pillsbury Pet-Ritz Pie Baking Championship
- August 18, 2012 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- East / West Building
PILLSBURY PET-RITZ PIE BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP
Category: Dessert pies using Pillsbury Pet-Ritz Frozen Pie Crusts
Contest Date: August 18, 2012
Pie Delivery Time: 11:00 a.m. to noon; Judging begins at 12 noon
Place: East/West Building
This pie contest features the Pillsbury Pet-Ritz pie crust from your freezer section. Any dessert pies are welcome: fruit-filled, custard, cream or others...even sweet potato pies or any other creative combination. Use one or two crusts...and dream up something delicious!
1st Prize - $200 • 2nd Prize - $100 • 3rd Prize - $50
Each winner will receive a ribbon, an award certificate and apron.
Taste (25%), Appearance (25%), Creativity (25%) and Ease of Preparation (25%)
FAN FAVORITE PIE AWARD:
Pillsbury will also post a group of finalist pies on its Facebook page and put an extra award to an online vote! The pie receiving the most online votes will win a year's supply of Pillsbury Pet-Ritz Pie Crusts (2 packages/month.) The estimated retail value of this "Fan Favorite Award" is $95.00. Voting will begin at www.facebook.com/pillsbury no later than December 1, 2012.
General Mills Sales, Inc. ("General Mills") invites you to participate in a special pie baking championship to create your favorite dessert with Pillsbury PET-RITZ Pie Crusts. It's as easy as pie. Just fill it, bake it and take it.
- For your dessert pie (any flavor/variety), use either the Pet-Ritz frozen 10-ounce regular size or the deep dish 12-ounce Pie Crust. Use one (or two) of these frozen pie crusts and the provided aluminum plate. Make it sweet, not savory; no quiches or main dish pies.
- Prepare your pie at home in the provided aluminum pan and bring it in the same aluminum pan, along with the pie recipe to the East/West Building from 11:00 a.m. until noon on Saturday, August 18, 2012.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter. Each contestant may enter only one pie/pie recipe.
- Entries should be submitted with 1) a Pillsbury Pie Crust product label, 2) a clear/typed recipe for the entry (illegible recipes may be disqualified), and 3) your name, address and phone number.
- By submitting your pie and recipe, you accept all Contest rules and agree to be bound by the judges' decisions, which will be final. You also agree that your recipe will become the property of General Mills and General Mills reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish, and use any or all of it for publicity, promotion, or advertising, in any form of media, including websites without compensation to you. You also hereby irrevocably authorize and grant permission to General Mills and other licensed or otherwise permitted by it to use and distribute your name, address, voice and likeness for any and all purposes, including publicity, advertising and trace purposes, by all means of publication including electronic and Internet, without any obligation or liability to you and without any additional approval or consent. You also acknowledge and agree that no claim relating thereto shall be asserted against General Mills or any of its officers, directors, employees, agencies, representatives, successors, assigns or shareholders.
- The Contest is intended for amateur bakers only. Professional bakers or those who earn a significant portion of their livelihood from baking may not enter the contest.
- Employees of General Mills, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, and members of their immediate households or the first place winner in the 2011 Pillsbury Pet-Ritz Baking Championship are not eligible to enter or win.
- Taxes are the responsibility of the winner. This contest is void where prohibited or otherwise regulated by law.
Sponsored by General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Boulevard, Minneapolis, MN 55450. Pet-Ritz is a trademark of The Schwan Food Company, used under license.
- East / West Building
EventList powered by schlu.net