- Photography Contest
- August 16, 2013 - August 24, 2013
- East / West Building
Wilson County Fair
2013 Photography Contest - Amateur
Chair: Maryann Fosby Davis - 347-5530
Prizes: 1st - $10 · 2nd - $7 · 3rd - $5 · Best of Show – Rosette
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Competition open only to Wilson County residents.
- Register online or all entries must be entered between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 10, in the East-West Building.
- This competition is for AMATEUR photographers ONLY. For the purpose of competition, professionals are defined as those who sell their work, or who are employed as photographers or teachers of photography.
- All photos must be at least 8" X 10" and no larger than 8" X 12" and firmly attached to 11" X 14" mats or mounted on 11" X 14" mat board. MATS, SMALLER OR LARGER THAN 11" X 14", WILL BE REFUSED. Neutral mat colors are suggested such as black, white, gray or cream. No oval mats or framed pictures. Construction paper and poster board are not acceptable forms of mats.
- Entries are limited to 10 prints per person, and only one print will be accepted in each lot.
- All photos must be the original work of the exhibitor.
- Judging will be based on technical quality, composition, originality and relevance to the category.
- Name, address and phone number of exhibitor should be printed on the back of each entry.
- The management of the Fair reserves the right to refuse any photograph deemed unsuitable for competition, and all photographs will be displayed at the discretion of the management of the Fair. Entries that do not meet requirements may be disqualified for awards.
- Premiums will be paid and exhibits claimed on Sunday, August 25 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. No photos may be removed before the date and time specified. Early removal will forfeit the right of entrant to enter any photos the following year. Any exhibits not claimed by September 7 will be considered abandoned and will become the property of the Wilson County Fair.
- The photographs remain the property of the owner, however, the Fair Board and its management cannot be held responsible for any loss or damages incurred during exhibition.
- Any photograph that has previously been entered at this Fair is ineligible to compete.
- Prize money will be paid to the number of places indicated for each lot according to the opinion of the judges. Judges reserve the right to award 4th and 5th place ribbons, with no prize money, if quality merits.
DIVISION I - COLOR
|Lot 1 - Child||Lot 5 - Landscape|
|Lot 2- Male||Lot 6 - Waterscape|
|Lot 3 - Female||Lot 7 – Skyscape (sunsets, clouds, etc.)|
|Lot 4 – Multiple (2 or more)||Lot 8 – Weather (snow scene, lightning, etc.)|
|Lot 9 - Plants/Flowers||Lot 12 - Insects|
|Lot 10 - Animals/Wildlife||Lot 13 - Birdlife|
|Lot 11 - Animals/Farm or Pet||Lot 14 - Other Nature|
DIVISION II - BLACK & WHITE (INCLUDING SEPIA)
|Lot 1 -||People|
|Lot 2 -||Landscape, waterscape or skyscape|
|Lot 3 -||Animal (Wildlife, insects, pets, birdlife)|
|Lot 4 -||Plants/Flowers|
|Lot 5 -||Architecture|
|Lot 6 -||Still Life|
|Lot 7 -||Photojournalism|
|Lot 8 -||Special Effects|
|Lot 9 -||Open (None of the above only)|
- East / West Building
EventList powered by schlu.net