- TN Jr. Market Goat Show
- August 18, 2012
- Small Animal Barn (Bldg. X)
Tennessee Junior Market Goat Show
Saturday, August 18, 2012
Small Animal Barn (Bldg. X)
James E. Ward Agricultural Center
Showmanship begins at 2:00 p.m.
(Enter at Tennessee Blvd. Entrance)
Competition limited to Tennessee 4-H and FFA Members
Pre-entry is required through County Extension Agent or Vo-Ag Teacher
Arrival Time: 9:00 a.m. – Noon
All animals must be on the grounds by Noon
All Trailers are to enter through the Tennessee Blvd. Entrance
Ricky Skillington – Chairman, 931-637-2217
Heath Nokes, Rebekah Norman, Dan Owen, John Teague, Dan & Lori Major,
Michael Shirley, Larry Moorehead, Mitchell Mote, Bruce Steelman
Special Awards presented by Farm Credit Services
1st - $14 · 2nd - $10 · 3rd - $9 · 4th - $8 · 5th - $6 · 6th-10th - $5.00
There will be a $5.00 per head entry fee.
This is payable at the show to the Wilson County Fair.
Rules for 2012
Federal Law requires that all goats on exhibition in Tennessee meet USDA regulations as it deals with Scrapie. All goats must have a federally approved scrapie tag permanently attached in its ear or other approved ID. Exhibitors must contact the USDA APHIS office at 615-781-5314 to order their tags. Animals without proper scrapie identifications will not be allowed to exhibit.
- Competition is limited to Tennessee 4-H and FFA members in good standing in their counties or chapters.
- 4-H members are required to have been enrolled in the fourth grade on January 1 of the current calendar year in order to be eligible to exhibit their goats in this show. Both 4-H and FFA members will become ineligible at the end of the calendar year following their graduation from high school or upon their 20th birthday, whichever comes first.
- All entries must be validated and signed by the County Extension Agent or Vo-Ag Teacher.
- Entries are due to the local Extension Agent or Vo-Ag Teacher and must be forwarded to Ricky Skillington, 230 College St., Suite 130, Lewisburg, TN 37091 no later than July 23 of current year.
- Any breed or cross breed of goat can be shown, and all classes will be shown by weight. There is a minimum weight of 30 pounds for all animals showing in this show.
- The show will consist of three divisions.
a. Market Goat Division: Wethers or doe kids for slaughter. All animals must have their milk teeth at weigh-in to show in this division. Doe kids having one or more adult teeth will be moved to the yearling doe division. Wether kids having one or more adult teeth or exhibiting testicular tissue will be dismissed.
b. Doe Kid Division: Doe kids that are raised for replacement animals. Doe kids must have their milk teeth at weigh-in to show in this division. Those having one or more adult teeth will be moved to the Yearling Doe Division.
c. Yearling Doe Division: These does are raised for replacement animals. Yearling does must have at least one adult tooth, but no more than two sets of adult teeth (four adult teeth) to be eligible to show for champion Those having five or more teeth will be allowed to show, but will not be eligible for the champion class.
- No bucks will be allowed in or around the barn.
- All goats must be polled, disbudded, or have their horns either tipped or cushioned with a material to help prevent injury to the exhibitor.
- All goats must have either an ear tag or legible tattoo to be able to show. It is recommended that exhibitors use their USDA Scrapie Tag number as the tag number for all entries.
- All goats must be in the direct control of the youth exhibitor on or before July 1 of the current year. Lease papers must be on file by this date also.
- Each exhibitor can enter 8 animals for this show. They will be able to show only 5 at the show and NO SUBSTITIONS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- All goats will be weighed and classified prior to the show and will be divided into classes in their divisions.
- Any item that comes up at the show that is not covered by these rules will be decided by the show committee and their decision will be final.
- Exhibitors must comply with all applicable general livestock rules and livestock requirements set forth in this catalog.
- Showmanship classes: Pre 4-H, Explorer, Junior, Junior High, Senior Level 1 and Senior Level 2.
- A special division will be held for FARM BRED goats with division and supreme champions selected. Goats must be entered as "farm bred" on entry forms to be eligible. FARM BRED ownership means that the animal exhibited was produced by dam owned by the exhibitor, his/her parents, guardian or his/her grandparents.
- A County Group class will be held with five goats from at least three exhibitors to compete.
|No Straw Allowed - Bedding will be provided in the barn. Health Papers should be available for inspection at registration and/or upon request from show committee or TDA inspector. Exhibitor and one driver admitted FREE. All others are required to pay Fair Admission.|
- Small Animal Barn (Bldg. X)
EventList powered by schlu.net