- Germ City
- August 16, 2013 - August 24, 2013
Did you know that there is a GERM CITY on your hands at this very moment?
Go ahead, look at the ... can you see the GERM CITY?
We didn’t think so ... Come to GERM CITY
at the Wilson County Fair and we will show you the GERM CITY on your hands!
How does it work?
- Participants are asked to cover their hands with a non-toxic lotion that glows under black lights.
- After one trip through Germ City, a long black tunnel filled with a glow-in-the-dark city, participants are then asked to wash their hands to see if there is a trace of the germs they may have missed.
- Any places that were not adequately washed appear neon.
- Correct hand washing techniques are also explained.
Germ City is an interactive and scientific-based exhibit that will be offered nightly at the Wilson County Fair by UT Extension, TNCEP, and other participating agencies.
Look for this exhibit at the Fair and knock the Germ City off your hands!
For more information on Germ City contact:
Shelly Barnes, FCS Extenion Agent at
The UNIVERSITY of TENNESSEE
EventList powered by schlu.net